I think most members will agree that it is nice to live in the United States. Since we live here though, we are accustomed to using our standard power supply and frequency. House voltage is usually supplied as 220vac and geared down to 120vac by going from one hot side to neutral which gives us 120vac without a transformer involved. Since this is the standard for everyone in the states, all of the gear designed for the states uses 120vac. No one uses 220vac for anything other than electric clothes dryers, household HVAC and cooking. It is unreasonable to expect a small manufacturer like Outlaw to provide gear which would not be in demand by anyone in the states. I am sure there is some gear built by the larger concerns like Sony, D&M holdings and others that meet your needs. Check out this link for a converter for 220 to 120 vac -- less than $70 gets you what you need with having the rest of us pay for it too when we don't need it.

http://www.nine220volts.com/power-conver...own-transformer

Check out this link for gear designed to meet your specific needs: http://www.world-import.com/avamps.htm
Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer all support 220 vac and even 50hz if needed.

The 978 is 98% complete!! The remaining items have to do with SOFTWARE integration. The HARDWARE is done. That means the rear panel is what it is, and won't change. There is a USB port on the front of the 978 for updates and will let us connect the standard stuff into it. I personally am glad to see the absence of any S-video connections in favor of more high end stuff. This pre-pro is for Audio/Video enthusiasts and appears to provide all the needed bells and whistles. It even includes a phono stage with MM/MC support, something that is lacking in much of the newer gear out there. In short, the 978 design stage is over. The Outlaws are into the testing phase and lets hope it goes well. I am very disappointed in the new release date and agree that the 998 is way overdue for an update. I have moved on from Outlaw as far as my new Pre-pros go but I wish them success.

Edited by XenonMan (07/30/11 08:03 AM)

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner