s-video has a bandwidth limitation which restricts its upscale I would love to see it it upscale to 1080 though physical medium will likely not permit it..

it's just not for gaming I'm looking to use the 978 for,I still have other components that can use digital connections...

the idea to more hdmi as to allow more components over hdmi, looking at covering atleast a couple of consoles, brd player, dvd player plus paytv and iptv..

lack of either usb/lan limits firmware updates aswell, since hdmi 1.4a is still under development I would say looking at upgrading via hdmi may cause more issues..

the 120/240 needs to be standard, I can't see people spending cash on a 1,500-2,500 pre-amp then spending another $500-1,500 on a step down power transformer...

it's nice to live in the US where these things can be picked up on the cheap...

xeno, if the 978 is 98% complete why is it going to take sometime within the 4th quarter to release it, what's happening within the last 2% is it hardware or is it firmware???

this is what we don't know, I tried to give my honest opinion of what specs I got in my recent email said...

go and compare it with what's out in the market within both avr and pre-pro markets to see what is on offer..

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790