I am hoping you folks will be able to help me. I am trying to hook up my turn table (Pioneer PL-530) to my Outlaw 950. I am using a cheap little Behringer preamp (UF202) The problem is the volume drops drasticly when I try to use it. I connected it into the CD inputs and the tape inputs with the same results. I tried Stereo bypass and standard stereo in both inputs...same results.

I listen to Movies around -25 and TV around -32. When I play Cd's through my blu ray player (LG BD-390) volume is about -25. When I use the turn table, I have to raise the gain to about -10 to have it as loud as say TV at -32... thats a big drop. Its not just a drop in gain either, even when comparitivly loud, there is a dullness to the sound.

I took my Turn table (same cart) and connected it to my buddy's Boston Acoustic amp into the phono inputs and it sounded amazing!!! So that rules out cart. Next, we connected the table to an Aux in (I'm guessing no phono preamp stage at this input) We used my cheap Behringer preamp.. It sounded just as amazing as the built in boston acoustic phono stage.

To me that rules out it being the preamp, unless the Boston reciever has that phono stage at every input. We used the same cables to connect everything each time, so its not cables.

What do you guy's think is going on? Again it's not just the volume drop, the dullness or lifeless sound is a problem.