Originally Posted By: gzubeck
Gonk,

Don't laugh but I'm still using a Hitachi rear projection TV That I bought 7 years ago. I am using a Kenwood 8004 Trio Amp that I replaced $100 worth of Electrolytic parts for my Two front Channels (Using Two Polyglass Vifa Drivers with a Seas Aluminum/Mag Tweater). I am using another European/Japanese Sony 500 ES amp for my surrounds for a pair 15 year old B&W 600 Speakers. I Bought the Outlaw 970 preamp 2 years ago to replace my older sony DA-50ES Receiver which finally died. Now mind you this is no slouch of a receiver because it was made before Sony started cutting corners. I am currently running this in a quad speaker configuration with a phantom center channel. I thought I was seriously going to have to upgrade all of our equipment due to all the new HDMI requirements. Guess what...for Christmas we got a new panasonic Bluray player that Changed everything. We hooked up the Blu-ray player and the DTS signals were processed extremely well...

Whoo hoo! Luddites unite!!

I've got 8 year old DLP projector (720p) and a $80 dollar bluray player (which has a great bluray and DVD picture, BTW).