I'm looking for a little advice. This evening while watching TV via my Scientific Atlantic DVR the cable box began randomly and rapidly changing channels. The box is several years old and I feed the 990 with component video and coax audio. The audio dropped out at some point before I could quickly shut my system down. When I fired everything up again I had no audio while watching TV. I unplugged the cable box to reboot it but that didn't fix the problem. I unplugged the 990 for 5+ minutes per page 48 of the manual but that didn't fix it either. Also, when I change TV channels I get an odd relay click inside the 990. I tried playing a CD using my oppo via analog connections after unplugging the 990 for 5 minutes but still no sound. My ATI amp doesn't show a fault on the front panel either.

EDIT: My amp and 990 run through a Panamax 5100 and it does not show a fault either.

I guess my next step is to do a hard reset on 990 but before I do that (and then have to re-enter all my input info) I'm curious if anyone has any other ideas on how to troubleshoot the loss of audio.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by AvFan (06/29/11 12:40 AM)