Originally Posted By: LightninBoy
I can guarantee you that the 978 does not do a better job at video processing than my TV. Not because my TV is so great, but because the 978 doesn't exist. And that's kinda the point.

The flip side is that a good ABT2010 processing solution will do a better job than 99% of the TV's made in the last five years and 99.999% of the TV's made prior to that.

Originally Posted By: LightninBoy
All these features sound great in the abstract. But if they combine to create a platform that only the big manufacturers can hope to successfully implement in a timely fashion, then our demands for these features will squeeze the Outlaws and others like them out of the pre/pro market. And I do not want that.

That said, I doubt video processing is the sticking point. But if it is, I say cut it.

I also doubt that video processing is a problem. ABT was a pretty good partner for OPPO Digital when they were developing the 983H and BDP-83, so I would expect pretty reasonable support from them here as well. Cutting it isn't really an option, though - both because of the delays required to re-tool and replace it with something else (need deinterlacing) and the need to be competitive.