From what I've read of the R-972 and from how Outlaw treated it, I still don't think it was a good demonstration of Trinnov implemented on consumer gear. Put simply, the R-972 appears to have been a flop that was plagued with bugs and concerns about whether Trinnov was really doing what it was meant to do. I suspect that the Model 998 will arrive when Outlaw and Trinnov both believe it is working as Trinnov intended.

I wonder if the R-876 will actually arrive next month. The R-972 was first announced at a CES one January for release that following September. That was almost two years before we heard the first whisper of the Model 997. The R-972 was delivered years behind schedule, with painful side effects for Outlaw as well as Sherwood. The R-965 that preceded it was victim of similar delays. There are a few posts online suggesting that the R-876 was actually cancelled back in April, too, and at present the Sherwood Newcastle site lists the R-972 and R-774 but no mention of any R-**6 models. That doesn't bode well.