As I mentioned before I am still rooting for the 998, however I am most concerned about this Pre-Pro due to Trinnov for these reasons:
The Newcastle R-972 has not created the buzz you would think if Trinnov was as good as billed. I know the professional versions of Trinov's capabilities is well known but getting it down to a consumer receiver and pre-pro has been challenging to say the least. The new R-876 is to be release this coming July, but I have heard absolutely nothing about a product this close to release. I have heard nothing in the way of other manufactures bringing it out, no Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, etc- no one except Outlaw. It may be due to licensing, but you would think if Trinnov is that great, then more folks would be looking at it. I do believe that in the Engineering and labs departments it is, just heard absolutely nothing. I am afraid that the scaled down version of Trinnov may not deliver as hoped and I would not want Outlaw to bring it out if it does not live up to what is expected.