I still think the likelihood of a company like either D&M Holdings or ONKYO partnering with Outlaw in this way is vanishingly small.

As for the D&M connection based on the front panel displays, the similarity could simply be that both are sharing a common supplier for that component. D&M Holdings is in business to make money, but they're also a large corporate entity headquartered overseas. The potential profit for them to invest some R&D resources into working with Outlaw on a unique product and then building it in relatively modest quantities (by their standards) is fairly small. Keep in mind that aside from the AV7005, the only D&M Holdings processors we've seen have been either $2,000+ Marantz units or a $7,500 Denon unit. One could argue that Denon's been leaving money on the table for years by not taking each year's flagship receiver and stripping out amps to make a processor. (I've seen plenty of people say exactly that for as long as I can remember.) The truth is that they're not interested in that. Likely the only reason Marantz has offered even a single processor at any given time is pressure from their dealer networks who can help justify the modest cost of creating a separate model. The potential earnings for D&M Holdings simply aren't great enough for their corporate big-wigs to depart from their past policies and partner with a company they don't own. They'd rather sell more Denon receivers to folks who will use them as processors, taking all the profit, than take a share of the profit on Outlaw processor sales.

The same is true for ONKYO, for similar reasons. It could be even more extreme in their case, as an Outlaw processor stands to be a competitor of the Onkyo and Integra processors. I would expect them to be able to get a good bit more profit per unit out of either of those (both of which have list prices in the $2,500 range) than they would out of taking a cut of the profit on an Outlaw processor with a price that's likely to be closer to $1,400 or $1,500.

There are manufacturing partners out there, of course, but I wouldn't expect any of them to be "brand names" we're used to seeing on store shelves.