Originally Posted By: XenonMan
Buy something now and trade up when the 978 comes out. Denon and Marantz have some great stuff out there as well as Onkyo. Why wait and torture yourself. Besides, wouldn't you rather listen to your system and read about any pitfalls likely to be encountered with the new gear. Maybe look for a used last years top of the line model and hunker down for the release date to be determined.

Good advice. After ... jeeze ... 7? ... happy years with the Outlaw 950 I'm moving on. In this case, it pays to be a luddite, cause I went with a used NAD M15. I just don't need all the other features packed into these pre/pros nowadays. If the reviews are accurate, the M15 has the type of analogue section that I desire. And the two HDMI inputs will be enough for me to get by on for a while.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the new processors from Outlaw. If they are good enough I might leap back to them eventually, but I won't be in the first wave. With the M15 I'm buying the ability to be patient and wait for the best time to get a truly modern processor. From past experience I know that I am not a good early adopter.