In Scott's January 26, 2011 update on the 978 he noted:

"As a counterpoint to the latest in HDMI and digital audio processing, the Model 978 will include an audiophile grade phono preamp section, specifically designed for the Outlaws. We know that many of you still have extensive vinyl collections, and this will make it easy for you to listen to them as they were intended to be heard."

Does anyone have an idea how the 978 will handle bass management for vinyl playback? Vinyl playback is probably the only disappointing feature of my 990. Then again the 990 is an AV pre/pro and the phono function was never a primary feature. But if in fact the 978 will allow me to listen to my albums "...as they were intended to be heard" I hope that it will be along an analog path that shows the benefit of having an audiophile grade phono preamp.

Are there features and components in the ICBM-2 that can be incorporated in 978 to handle bass management for the phono source? I have an original ICBM that works great as an analog high/low pass filter in a dedicated stereo setup that would be terrific in the 978. Regardless, I hope the 978 avoids some of the quirky attributes (double bass to the sub and the speakers have to run full range) of the 990's Bypass mode which is the only way to avoid digital processing.