Well, now even Mother Nature has thrown us a curve, but let's face it, our lust for new stuff should be looked at in perspective alongside the human suffering that is taking place in Japan, as I'm sure it is for the vast majority of us. That being said, Peter's somewhat cryptic comments (cryptic in the sense that there are no actual facts in his brief note regarding the 978), it's pretty easy to draw the conclusion that we will not be seeing this thing any time soon. Combined with his remarks regarding the Marantz, things are looking pretty grim in the pre-pro world - anyone care to comment on why XT32 is so far superior to the room correction offered by the 7005, and why waiting for the ever-elusive 978 is a good idea? I'm not knocking anybody or anything, just trying to decide if I should look elsewhere or hang in for the duration.
Oppo BDP-83, Sony UBP-X800
Roku Streaming Stick +
Music Hall mm5.1 table, Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge, Cambridge Audio 640P Phono Preamp, Pro-Ject Speed Box
Belkin Pure AV Power Conditioner
Audioquest Type 8 speaker cable, Monoprice speaker Cable
Mostly Monoprice interconnects