That's a really bizarre piece from Samsung, but it's really more of an overgrown HTiB (with the built-in disc player) than an especially good indication of future receivers. Since it has Blu-ray, the Ethernet and apps are more likely to be showing up because of the player's SoC (system on chip) than the receiver's DSP core. Those sorts of functions are currently much more common on BD player than receivers, in large part because BD players have to be little Java-based computers. It's actually much more natural for a BD player to provide audio and video media support than a receiver (even though I still think even BD players aren't an idea substitute for a really good standalone media client if someone is serious about it). I'll bet every bit of the HW-D7000's media streaming support was ported directly from the same player that Samsung used to add Blu-ray playback to the receiver.

I think the media streamer market is still moving far too fast for standalone boxes to go away, especially since currently even the best products that also have streaming (secondary to their primary function) are game consoles, followed by BD players, and then bringing up the rear are receivers, with TV's threatening to overtake them. And since not even the game consoles can claim to be better than the really good standalone boxes, I don't see the standalone units going away soon.