Quote:
With the availability of fully-functioning (hdmi, 3d, room correction, etc.) receivers in the market today, is anyone out their regretting or at least re-thinking their decision to go with separates

1. The separate amplifier, in my opinion, is a far superior set up. Look at the guts of Outlaw amps, they are very well designed and use excellent components. I don't believe that you will see a Toroidal transformer of that caliber in a receiver.

2. Outlaw amps never get hot to the touch, you can run them all day. This in part goes back to the design and the Toroidal. My subwoofer also has a Toroidal, and that is the same as my Outlaw amp, never gets hot. You can make toast on some of the Onkyo and some Denon receivers.

3. With a separate Pre/Pro, you have the liberty to add all of the features that you want, there's plenty of room.

4. As new technology develops, and you desire to upgrade, you only need to purchase a new Pre/Pro.

5. If one part of your system goes down and is in need of repair, your not without the entire system. I am sure all of us have spare receivers laying around that we could plug in.

As far as the 978 goes, the economy as well as the HDMI 1.4, room correction, 3D, etc has seen some changes the last couple of years. I say let all of this iron out and release the unit when it's ready and when it's right. I am more concerned with Outlaw as company than us getting the latest and greatest. I want Outlaw to do well and prosper and I hope that the last couple of years have not hurt the company or put them in a bad situation financially.

And on a final note; as soon as the 978 is announced for pre-order, I will be one of the first to put the money up.