Originally Posted By: Smarty-pants
Hmmm, the logos would be a tough choice for me to say yay or nay if it were my option.
I definitely like the understated of the unit, but it almost too plain.
Maybe the logos currently at the bottom could be moved INSIDE of that cover panel,
and then along the bottom could place some SMALL logos.
The silver volume knob is a bit much too for me personally.
I don't mind a little mix of silver buttons, but I'd prefer the knob to be black.
Either that of change the color of silver to a darker color of silver for all the buttons and knob.
The knob just seems to stand out a bit too much... though maybe some logos along the bottom would help to offset that too.
Just food for thought. ;-)

I like the styling overall as hip-retro, but I agree with you about the volume knob and buttons. I think a dark-silver (titanium) finish would provide a very eloquent look. It would be double-eloquent if Outlaw could do a metal veneer for the volume control where the owner could see and feel metal grain. In the interest of practical cost, the buttons could simply be painted.

As for surround labeling on the front, I personally could live without it, but I think I recall some equipment vendors at CES a few years ago telling me that the surround labels were required as part of the license for using the codecs. I have no idea if this mandate would apply to Outlaw or not.