Originally Posted By: EricTheBlue
A comment and two questions:
Though any form of virtual input (VI) will be welcome, I hope Outlaw implements two features at minimum beyond VI labeling. The first is the ability to map a single physical input to multiple VI's. This would be very useful for owners (like me) who use a multi-function HTPC as a source. Related to input mapping, it would also be nice if different default surround modes could be assigned to individual VI's. Outlaw could do a lot more beyond this with VI's, but these two features would suffice for me.

I would agree that being able to map one connection to multiple inputs can be useful - the Model 990 did this, and I used it several times.

Questions:
* Does anyone know if both HDMI outputs can be active at once?

I doubt that both HDMI outputs will be active at once - the vast majority of dual-output processors only output to one of them at a time. Splitting HDMI is a messy proposition, especially when the two signals are going to displays that support different resolutions.

My HTPC can definitely output FLAC (ripped from CDs), but I don't know if FLAC decoding is a standard feature on receivers and prepros yet.

FLAC is a file type, much like AAC or WMA or MP3. Does your HTPC actually output the file's undecoded data over any connection? I would think it would have to at least decode into stereo or multichannel PCM before outputting over coaxial, optical, or HDMI. I could be wrong, though - haven't tried to set up an HTPC like this before.