And speaking of pictures, we also have Model 978 pictures...

Some thoughts on those pictures:

Phono pre-amp is MM/MC. I don't remember if we already knew that or not, but it's rare on a surround processor or receiver.

PLIIz support is going to involve sacrificing back surrounds: 7.2 pre-amp outputs. This is the same as the AV7005 (even though the AV7005 has 11.2 pre-outs). This has been an often-asked question.

Looks like we'll have some form of "virtual inputs" - two composite video, three component video, three stereo analog, three coaxial, three optical, and five HDMI inputs are all labeled with numbers only rather than generic standard names. The only "pre-labeled" inputs we may find are the phono (naturally), 7.1 direct (naturally), and front AV. I think this has the potential to be a very good arrangement.

Primary monitor outputs are HDMI only, with some record and second zone composite outputs in the mix. This is a reasonable decision for a product launching in 2011, and with two forms of legacy analog video inputs available (a total of six composite and component connections) we can still integrate older source components.

The layout of the rear panel feels like it will be comforable to connect, at least for the way my equipment rack has evolved. Pre-outs can go down without blocking access to other things, video inputs are at the top, digital audio are off to one side, and only analog audio inputs (which we're least likely to make heavy use of) are stuck in the very middle.

They haven't shown a bunch of logos on the unit yet. They may keep it that way, which would be OK with me.