I just did some math, and I think the room is going to be around 2600 cu ft. It was a bit hard to figure because it is not perfect square/rectangular and has some angled walls, but that is pretty close.

With the Axiom 80's being rated at 95dB 1w/1m inroom, they play pretty loud with little power. The price sure is attractive, especially if I consider a B-Stock item. Either way it is a nice price.

My main concern is I don't want to go down the patch of having shutdown/protection issues like I did with the Emo MPS-1, which at the time was Emo's top of the line. They blamed Axiom, saying the M80's in certain situations, were dipping way below 4ohms, kicking the amp into protection mode. In fact, the M80s are above 4ohm for the majority of the frequency range, they could almost be considered a 6ohm speaker. Other people have had issues with the XPA-2 and -5's as wall, again Emo blaims the Axiom design.

I haven't heard much with problems with the Outlaw amps, other than Tharkun, who was driving 5 M80's years ago with one of the older 200 watt amps. He had some issues and ended up returning it for some Parasound Halo's. Granted, Tharkun listed to music at insane volumes in a very large room, around 8,000 cu ft.

Anyway, I am anxious to do some more research and make a decision, I hope in the near future. These models have been out for some time, so I wonder if there are some new offerings that will be released at some point. Amp design hasn't changed much in A A/B designs for many years, so most likely there won't be.
130" DIY Screen
Panny BluRay

My Homepage