I agree!!! All I have ever heard is that MP3s are the worst medium ever for sound. I have CD, DVD, SACDs and vinyl and the sound is as good as the original recordings. I will admit some of the originals for all of the media just plain suck. A lot of my vinyl is as compressed as anything I have ever heard on CD. There are also some artists who suffer greatly from the mass marketing. Bruce Springsteen comes to mind in that he has released some of the most compressed dead sounding music I have ever heard. Some of it was obviously just meant to meet some clause in a record contract. If you compare one media to the other for the same recording you will be hard pressed to tell a difference. You have to compare the same recordings from the same masters though or its not apples to apples.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner