Originally Posted By: EricTheBlue
I agree that crossover change per input would be a nice-to-have feature that would be rarely used so I would consider its inclusion optional. I think that the Large/Small speaker designation invites confusion. Rather, I would change that field to read "Use Sub Crossover?", which could only be set to "yes" or "no" manually or via Audyssey. If yes, another field sets the frequency. If no, the frequency field would be greyed out (locked from user access). Complex or no, I do think that speaker & sub level control per input needs to be available for users. In my experience, differing media content tends to benefit from level tweaking from the global setting achieved during initial setup.

I agree about large and small. They became an industry standard many years back, but they're not great. I kind of like the approach of merging crossover settings and the large/small selection - have a speaker setting with an option for "full range" or options for crossover settings. It has been used by a few products in recent years, and does streamline matters.