"...the only reason to have multichannel analog outputs was to support multichannel lossless audio, which means Blu-ray and (for the early PS3's) SACD. If you can't use HDMI for that because you have an older receiver, Sony would be happy to sell you a standalone BD player instead. "

And two channel 24/192.

The reason I bought the Oppo 95, and considered the Nuforce editions as well as Denon 2012, is for the best possible analog on MCH and 2 CH. But without analog inputs with bass management, I am unable to take advantage of these features. For now, I am am usable with 5.1 and have bass management working well. But two channel is either redigitized and downsampled or has no bass management. With HDMI (which my processor does not have) I am also somewhat limited on what would be lossless, no? In other words, would HDMI pass 2 channel 24/192 or downsample to 24/96?

This becomes a tad confusing for me, as you can see. Either I really do not need a new processor, or with a new processor would not have needed the advanced and extra cost analog stages of the Oppo player.

So not even discussing flac or shnf formats which I can always burn to wav or DVD-A for higher res (24 bit) files, I am unsure my best path forward to be sure I can get the best out of Cd, Blu-ray Audio, DVD-A, SACD and hi res 2 channel.

~Bob