is it better to just connect my "new to me" Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray directly (VIA HDMI) to my HDTV???...

I always seem to be a bit behind the curve and this new Blu-Ray just replaced to another room my Oppo DVP-971...(that replaced a Toshiba SD-3950)...

...previous I had this connected to my Outlaw 1050 which has been replaced with my Outlaw 1070...I just kept hooking these players, DVD to Outlaw to TV...I received the BDP-83 last night and checked here and found a review from gonk (always helping those of us in need cool) where...if I understood correctly...he suggested hooking the BDP-83 directly to my Sony KDF-50E2000 older rear screen projection...I have the hook ups and it seems to work...I realize I can only get 720P (or the inferior I think, 1080i) but it looks great...

...I guess what I'm asking is am i getting the best I can get within the parameters of my current gear or am I missing something not taking the Oppo though the Outlaw 1070?...

Thanks for any experience you care to share...

Bill

...Let the Movies and Music Play...