Originally Posted By: gonk
Originally Posted By: Bill O
So for the benifit of those looking for a quite fan system ,I have already recieved and demoed the fan system, and can tell everyone is is very very quite . From 5 ft away I can not hear it at all. It has a themostat for each fan, comes on at 86 deg and shuts down at 81 deg.

Two thoughts to keep in mind when integrating these fans into the cabinet: exhaust requires intake, and noise will change when you increase the static pressure on the fan. For the first part, be sure the cabinet maker provides ways for air to enter so these fans can effectively discharge air and cool the equipment. For the second part, be aware that the noise made by the fans sitting out in the open will be at least somewhat less than the noise they make when in an enclosure that makes it harder for them to draw air. You'll get some sound attenuation at the same time, which will help make up for some of that, but it may not make up for all of the extra noise - especially if the fans are obstructed.

On the bottom shelf , at the front on each side. there will be (2) one inch slots cut, five inches long each . There will be (3) 1 3/8" holes cut for wiring on each side in the back, in which I will put http://www.closet-masters.net/flexi-topgrommets.aspx , thereby attempting to make sure the air is drawn from the front of the cabinet as much as possible. I realy do not think I will need these grommets due to the fact that there should be enough cables stuffed through each hole up to restrict the air considerably.
(These fans are each ratted at 46 CFM ). I know some air will be drawn from around the doors also, which I believe is OK as long as most of the air come from the bottom up The fans will be mounted to the cabinet using rubber backing material to absorb some vibrations.
In therory , I believe it should be OK, but I won't be shocked if I am wrong.