Hey Folks,

I'm new here and just bought my RR 2150. So far so good...I love it! But I have a few questions for anyone who might know a little more about these kind of things.

I'm running a vintage pair 1967-68 Sansui SP-100's along with a Techincs SL1200 MK5 turntable through the RR 2150. I want to add a powered sub (I think...do I even need it with these speakers?) and didn't know what kind to get because I'm confused on how to run it to the amp and let the RR2150 use its bass management system to run the sub (rather than using the powered sub's amp). The Outlaw folks suggest using their management system rather than the one on most subs...so...does the sub I looking for need to have a "Bypass" option in order for this to work? Or does the LFE option take care of this? Basically I want to know how I can use the RR 2150's management system with a powered sub and what features the sub must have for this to work.

On a side note...anyone know if the SP-100s are good speakers? I cant seem to find specs on them (probably because I'm the only one on the planet still using them). Should I look at getting a whole new speaker setup? I love these old speakers...they work just fine to my ears and are in almost perfect condition, but would new speakers be better suited for the RR2150? These were sent from the Philippines while my dad was in Vietnam. I've used them for years and have a hard time letting them go...When I play original LPs from the 60's I feel like the combo of the vinyl and speakers from the time period warp me back to how it would have sounded back then...for some reason a "historical sound" is of value to me...hahaha!

Any help here would be great! Thanks guys!

Doug

Edited by Douggie_Fresh (01/12/11 03:37 PM)