Hi all, I heard the AT-1's at the Atlantic Technology room at CES last Friday. I met Peter during my brief stay (nice guy, BTW). I've dubbed them the "WAF Beaters", in that they may appeal to guys who face the WAF factor. I've personally lost several custom speaker sales after guys wanted me to build speakers for them and then the idea was nixed by wives who didn't want big speakers and subwoofers messing up their "decor". The AT-1's and especially their little brother model might be just the ticket for getting good sound and deep enough bass in a reasonable size and not requiring a subwoofer. Yes, I was skeptical, but hearing the AT-1's pressurize the large demo room made me a believer. They were pumping quite a bit of air out of the large port, the bass sounding quite good as well as tympani sounding realistic through them. I didn't stay long enough to listen to vocals - had to get to yet another meeting - but the instrumentals I heard were quite good in the mids and highs also.
BTW, I'm not affiliated with Outlaw nor Atlantic - just an old 950 customer patiently waiting the new pre/pro.

Edited by Hank (01/11/11 01:24 PM)