1.) Software

If the music or movie is not something I like and is at least competantly produced I do not care how good my components are.

3.) Loudspeakers, Room, Video system (Tie)

There is so much interaction between the speakers and the room that I do not see how you can disentangle the two. In an HT setup there is also video and room interactions though IMO they are less than the audio interaction

5.5) Preamp/Processor, Source Component (Tie)

There is always an interaction between the electronics in the preamp/processor and the source. Obviously, the amount of intercation varies depending on source and connection type (digital/analog) but as far as I am aware no one has yet developed a totally transparent preamp.

7.) Power Conditioners/Surge Suppressors

These are important in that they may be necessary evils to help correct some problems with AC Line problems such as ground loops or to a lesser extent EMI/RF problems or to simply protect the system from powerline spikes. In most cases they are a double-edged sword because they can change the sound by their effects. whether that is good or bad is a personal opinion.

8.) Power Amp

Other than the difference between tube and solid state and the effects of different power outputs, these have the least effect on the final system.

Just MO. [Flame Suit ON]