Originally Posted By: dwmayo1
thanks gonk! now I have a tough one for ya....

after connecting the Denon 2900 using RCA, we are only getting sound out of; are you ready for this one?? Sound is only coming out of front right speaker and left surround speaker....nothing from left front, center, sub, or right surround...

all RCA connections appear to be connected correctly.....operative word being "appear." ha

I am sure this is a very elementary question / problem for you.......so where did we go wrong in this hook up??

First, try to find a disc with some test tones (the "THX Optimizer" feature on some DVD's should work for this, as should Digital Video Essentials or AVIA) and use those test tones. Next, start swapping cables and making sure all the cables are plugged in correctly. I've had cases where one end or the other was just loose enough on several cables that I had problems like this. As XenonMan suggests, also try using the right front and left surround cables with other channels. The goal is to determine if any cables are bad or if the player's outputs are at fault.