Thought I would update the forum on the status to close the loop on this issue and to comment on the service I received from Outlaw. As mentioned above, the unit was shipped to Outlaw (11/23) at their Norton MA location. Because it was the week of Thanksgiving it didn't arrive until the following Tuesday (11/30). I immediately received acknowledgement with a note that repairs normally take 3-4 weeks (it was a form letter). On Monday, 12/6 I called to see how things were progressing, initially spoke with Scott who transferred me to Jim. Jim told me the unit was worked on the previous week and has been in testing since Friday. It was still being tested the day I called and if all remains okay will be shipped the following day. Jim said that it was a faulty capacitor and he replaced several while he was changing the faulty one. The cost was $75 plus shipping and the unit was back with me yesterday. It is back in place, speaker trim recalibrated and working again all is less than 2 weeks from when they received it. I can't say enough about how responsive and professional they were and how reasonable the cost was. I also realized how miserable I was without it. Thank you Outlaw!