Very nice photos Jimna and thanks for sharing them. I looked at the entire slideshow and it is evident there is still craftsmanship in the audio world.

I too look at the over-the-top gear and wonder: Who buys that kind of stuff? I've got to admit some of the speaker designs looked like some of the goofy things created by clothes designers that are passed off as fashion! But I'm glad someone is pushing the envelope, regardless if it is audio, cars, houses, computers, etc, because some of the innovations will trickle down to mainstream products after passing through the market's filter of acceptability and profit. I'm sure some folks thought drum brakes on passenger cars were more than adequate and disc brakes were only needed on race cars. I bet metal and ceramic driver cones plus ribbon drivers pushed the speaker design envelope at one time but all are now pretty common. So I enjoy looking at the kind of audio gear at RMAF simply because it is fun to consider the possibilities.

Just my .02 cents.