Originally Posted By: pepar
At least in existing models, Marantz' processor is not powerful enough to do Audyssey room correction on TrueHD or STS-HD MA at, I believe, 24-bit/96KHz sampling.

So it dropped Audyssey. Lame. And that fact was never on their website; one needed to dig deep into the manual to find it. And even then, the wording was weaselly. Personally, I would never consider buying a Marantz.

The SR5005 changed that, from what I've heard. Outlaw's SR5005 guide even made a point of mentioning the change. That means the other x005's probably have the same change.

Originally Posted By: GaryB
For standard definition viewed on 768p panels, the best option may well be to send 480p to the display, taking advantage of the excellent deinterlacing capability of the ABT chip, but thereby ensuring that the image is only scaled once. I've never understood why it's often recommended to send 720p signals to a 768p panel (as it's "closest" to the native resolution) since that necessitates 2 scaling operations (480p to 720p in the source device or AVR/processor, then 720p to 768p in the display). Each scaling operation can only degrade rather than improve the image.

Of course, that assumes that the panel has a good scaler, but many do. It's certainly worth trying 480p.

Good point. For SD, the best bet is to experiment - I'd try 480p, 720p, and (if supported) 1080p to decide which yielded the best picture quality. Which one works best will depend on a bunch of factors.