Originally Posted By: bestbang4thebuck
When thinking about pre/pro customers new to Outlaw, virtually none would say, “What, it doesn’t have Trinnov?” On the other hand, many contemplating a move away from the big-box mass-market would be put off if 3D were not included.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. I've never bought an Outlaw product but signed up for alerts and lurked here specifically because of Trinnov. Two other guys I know were also waiting with baited breath for the 998 for this reason. It's been a long frustrating wait between the Sherwood debacle and now this.

That being said, I don't blame Outlaw for putting this off. I'd be shocked if it ever came to pass. Trinnov is too complicated and way too expensive. The ADA TEQ is outboard and ridiculously expensive. It seems the only way Trinnov will work well is if it's ported over almost in its entirety.

My only problem with Outlaw is the impression they left with me as a potential new client. You sign up for alerts on a new product and end up inundated with emails about "exciting new partnerships". I don't want a Marantz, an Onkyo, speakers or a sub. As far as the 978 is concerned, Audyssey in some flavor is not what I was looking for and neither is 3D. Maybe the new DAC's will be a game changer? Can people actually hear differences between DAC's? Audiophiles say they can but isn't the associated circuitry just as important?

Chris