Originally Posted By: pepar
The Outlaws might find that if they put out a pre/pro with Audyssey's latest suite, that *it* will turn out to be the flagship and no follow on Trinnov is needed. grin

Even with Audyssey MultEQ XT32, there are some things Trinnov offers that Audyssey can't match. It has less to do with equalization and more to do with spatial remapping - Audyssey still doesn't have anything comparable to Trinnov's remapping function. It's that carrot dangling in front of us all that has probably kept Outlaw interested in a Trinnov-based Model 998 alongside the Audyssey-based Model 978.

Originally Posted By: pepar
I've been carrying what I learn here to AVS and in response to someone speculating about the 978 not having DSX, I linked to the image linked in Peter's announcement that shows Dolby PLIIz lit up on the display. I speculated that the 978, ne้ 998, was designed from the ground up with (at least) 9.2 channels. Is that a safe ... assumption? If so, the "extra" output connectors would have already been in the design.

Hard to say - I've read some things that suggest even some of the latest receivers and processors with DSX and PLIIz are only including eight-channel DAC's, which means you have to decide whether you'll use height channels or surround back channels. I'm going to wait to see what they actually offer before I assume anything.