Originally Posted By: mybelle
I get that, I do. It just seems a bit odd for a company founder to be calling out a potential client like that on a public forum.

Michelle

For some reason I was not getting email notifications, so I apologize for not following the .. waves that I contributed to making. This post seems like the best place to jump in ...

Chris Kyriakakis did NOT call anyone out. The context was that another manufacturer, Simaudio, went so far as to release a pre/pro with Audyssey technology in it, logos on the display and Audyssey's intellectual property (trademarks) all over the manual. This, and that they were not a licensee came to light from a post from an AVS Forum member where someone had referred to Simaudio using Audyssey. After that post, Chris said that that was interesting as Simaudio is not a licensee.

That is what happened here as well. A member carried Peter's announcement to the thread and Chris commented on it.

Audyssey's licensing is with the branded company, not underlying manufacturer. Regardless of who made it, if Outlaw wants to sell something with Audyssey in it, then they must license it.

I'm sure that there is communication between the two entities and that everything is peachy.

Jeff

Edited by pepar (10/03/10 11:36 AM)