I've seen related issues reported in the saloon but nothing exactly like what I'm experiencing - any help would be appreciated. I'm running the FiOS Motorola STB box through my Outlaw 1070 to my Panasonic 50" (720p) plasma TV. I experience two repeatable issues:

1) Video format resets: Everytime I turn on the 1070, the output video format of the STB reverts to 480p from 720p. I can go in to the FiOS menus to change the video setting as a work around. This is isolated to the 1070 - if I bypass the 1070, the video format does not reset when the TV & STB are power-cycled.

2) Audio drift: When I access any FiOS menu, the volume level on the Outlaw will start drifting in the direction of the last volume change. For example, if I increase the volume, press 'Menu' on the FiOS remote, the volume setting on the 1070 increases on the front display panel and it gets loud in a hurry. Conversely, if I decrease the volume, press 'Menu' on the FiOS remote, the volume setting of the 1070 will decrease.

I have had my 1070 since December, 2005 and am running the firmware it was shipped with. Might updating the firmware help either of these issues? Does anyone else have experience with something similar?

Thanks in advance.