Hello again.

I have connected four vintage Polk Monitor 10s for my fronts and surrounds. Using the DVD Master and Commander for my testing I found the cannon fire less impactful than I remember from my old Polk SurroundBar/PSW10 sub setup. So I have connected the PSW10 to the SUB/LFE output, set its crossover all the way up at 160Hz and turned on the SUB from the SPKR menu. The Monitor 10s reach down to 37Hz at the -3dB limit so I set the XOVER at the lowest setting: 60Hz. Additionally I have my stereo preamp/turntable plugged into the fronts of the 5.1 DIRECT.

So tell me if I am right or wrong about the following:

If I leave all four Monitor 10s set to LARGE, then I will only be sending the LFE (.1) channel to the PSW10. If I choose a stereo source (FM, CD, etc.) then no signal will go to the sub. This arrangement produces more punchy bass effects in surround modes but I detect no signal in stereo mode or 5.1 DIRECT.

If I set all Monitor 10s to SMALL, then all of the bass below 60Hz plus LFE go to the sub including surround sound and stereo inputs, but not from DIRECT inputs.

Am I understanding all this correctly?

Regards,
Jim
Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 10B
Surrounds: Polk Audio Monitor 10A
Turntable: Technics SL-1710mk2 + KLH Burwen Transient Noise Eliminator
Preampifier: NAD 106
Blu-Ray: Panasonic DMP-BD85
LCD: Sharp Aquos 37"
MacBook Pro for iTunes