Thanks for the review on the Behringer! I was thinking about this thread a week or so ago and wondering if you'd had the chance to try out the UFO202. Again, $35 and a little time seems such a small price to create digital versions of prized vinyl. I wonder why running the line out to the 990 resolved the hum. Ground loops can be a bear to resolve but I'm glad you found an easy solution and I'll keep it in mind if I run into the same problem.

I bought a vintage (circa 1978) Pioneer PL-610 turntable a few months back and it has a Shure M97xe on it so it sounds pretty nice. It needs to go into the shop as the auto return recently stopped working but even in full manual it is a worthy turntable. I've been keeping my eye out for a NAD PP-3 but none have showed up on ebay or audiogon since this discussion started so, based upon your positive results I'm off to get a UFO202.

I eventually will want to get the digitized vinyl into iTunes in AIFF for ease of use. I can use MAX to convert WAV to AIFF. Have you found a way to get the metadata (including album art) for the songs or did you have to plug that info in manually?