Just got back from NC. Used the Behringer UFO202 to record some vinyl over to digital. When I first hooked it up to the output of my table it generated a 60 HZ hum in my system so I wasn't impressed at first. I rearranged it so its line in was coming from the record out on the 990 and Voila!! it worked like a champ. My PC sensed the USB connection and when I started the included Audacity software the system was ready to rock (literally). I recorded 10 albums digitally and was able to use the software to edit the music. The UFO202 worked flawlessly and the software was easy to use. It let me edit out the clicks and pops manually or automatically. It provides a lot of control features which I will likely never use but some were really cool. It takes about 45 minutes for each album to get recorded and another hour to edit each one. You can then a=save them as WAV or MP3 formats. WAV took up about 400 MB for each album. The raw data files created by Audacity use about 1.8 GB each. It really helps to have an external drive to store them on. I have a 1 TB drive and it worked real well. I found the digitizing process reminded me of recording via reel to reel many years ago, but a lot simpler and easier to make corrections on the fly.

As far as musical fidelity, its all there. Playing the file back in Audacity reveals all of the foibles of vinyl as far as noise floor and clicks, pops and other junk. I was able to remove as much or as little of the junk as I wanted. If you take your time it is possible to make the recording sound as quiet as a CD. When I played the recording back through the 990 it sounded the same as the vinyl without the annoying junk and I didn't have to get up to swap sides and I could read the liner notes and lyrics.

If you want a quick, easy to use device to digitize your vinyl without spending a lot of $$$ the UFO202 can't be beat. I am very impressed with the usability and accuracy and the price was right.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner