What drew me to Outlaw was they offered products with features I wanted and, just as important, they did not include ones I didn't want, all at a very attractive price. My first purchase was the 990 and I never thought of it as a rebadged Sherwood/Newcastle but as a competitor to the Anthem AVM30. It is a little disheartening to see name brand items on Outlaw's product page but I think it reflects their attempt to keep loyal customers from drifting away. I've found myself looking at the Anthem website and the AVM 50v specs. Hopefully, the 998 will rekindle the interest in equipment unique to Outlaw then myself and others will be doing a side-by-side comparison between the 998/AVM 50v just as I did between the 990 and AVM 30.

Lastly, I would suggest most Outlaw customers have been traveling down the hi-fi/HT road for some length of time. They have gained varying levels of knowledge and experience that exceed that of folks who think of a big box retailer as a consistently credible source of information and HT products. Some big box customers will eventually decide they want better and seek out products such as Outlaw's and maybe find a home in the Saloon. That was my experience and I've enjoyed it!