Originally Posted By: redman6
I suspect, what the software designer had in their shop was different to what the final release product was.. now playing catch-up due to the difference in internal hardware is likely the hurdle they have yet to overcome.

sometimes removing hardware to save weight and its functions in aid of half compiled software derivative may not always function the way it was intended to function a poorly designed tree likely doesn't help matter either..

I've seen some others pose similar theories back when the UMC initially launched and the reports from Dan Laufman that it was working "perfectly" in December were proven to be inaccurate once the unit reached consumers. The firmware developers were contracted from India and the hardware was built in China. If there were hardware changes that caused things to go awry, it would have been easier to fix by keeping the code that worked "perfectly" in December and have the factory return to the original specs. That wouldn't fix the design decisions like bass management and video pass-through, but it would help with the other issues. They have focused solely on firmware, though, so I think the likelihood of an unannounced hardware change in production units being the culprit is slim to none.