I would expect what ever outlaw releases will likely have similar features to what emotiva has, though the way outlaw deploys it that's another matter altogether..

from what I've seen of the UMC-1 on the outset it looks good functions ok though bugs gal-lour within its firmware..

they seem quick to add new functions before addressing existing faults, hoping the new features will suddenly correct the old 1's though, I suspect they need someone with an auditing background and programming background to walk through their firmware to fix mistakes and so forth to fix minor and major faults within the system, failure to do this will likely make the UMC-1 a lemon in precessor (pre-pro) arena..

look's on the other hand not sure what they are trying to compete against though I suspect given its rather limited connection options it looks like it's trying to compete with entry level avr's instead of its competitors within the processor (pre-pro) world, hats off to them is they succeed in the project, though limited connections means limited options for some people..

Edited by redman6 (06/26/10 11:18 PM)

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790