the problem is 2 inputs isn't enough.. how many external av switches do you want to integrate

if you look at my current setup you can understand why the need more external inputs is needed..

while I only got 1 component that uses composite I have a min of 10 items that can use s-video, component, stereo, multichan analog and spdif digital.. while I don't expect to see multiple multi chan analog connections, I think a mix of s-video component, stereo and spdif could be a nice a nice setup deal..

dvi is a good option though with hdmi being available dvi has become a obsolete connection for digital video which only has realms in the pc frat..

does anyone know of an rf-av converter box..

was planning to add the nes, sega's older consoles to the mix..

while my options might not be realistic for the US customers, I'd be a international customer looking for certain features where the size of the processor isn't a factor, larger the better is all I'll say at a reasonable price..

as for the network switch that was an optional feature where you may have a space constraint where it isn't possible to an external network switch, it is easy enough to plugin a daughter board than it is trying to add in a 8-24 port network switch..

an option of a plugin module to cater for all the network desires of each piece of hardware that has network connection..

all in all the expansion of the current network module is a need thit is required given the things we may want to connect to the processor..

Edited by redman6 (06/22/10 06:06 PM)

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790