gonk the point of legacy inputs is so we can use existing hardware..

since I still own vhs I still need to able to use composite..

given what I heard and seen I believe hdmi 1.4 uses a smaller connection than standard 1.0-1.3 connections, it's just not a firmware update for hdmi 1.4 it's also a board change, now whether or not the existing connection can support hdmi 1.4 I can't say though if it is a different connector I would say the choice of having hdmi 1.3 and hdmi 1.4 in the same chassis would much be preferred..

a 8-16 port switch might be as cheap as chips in the states though in other countries it is not always the case...

at the moment I only have 2 items that support hdmi that is the xbox 360 and the onkyo dv-cp 704..

given the I have have playback issues with most of my dvd's in 1 form or another I still find the need have older dvd players in service as what faults 1 player picks up may not show on another player as the laser pickups may pick faults in other area's of the disc....

thus is why I'm looking for multi component in and multi spdif fibe optic in, multichannel analog while i'd like it I doubt it will be any benefit over digital..

Edited by redman6 (06/20/10 05:27 PM)

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790