here's what I'd like to see in a processor, given the size reduction in the 1.4 spec hdmi I would like to 6 hdmi in 3 hdmi out 2x zone 1's lcd & pj use 1x zone2 based on 1.3 if 1.4 can use standard hdmi then all well and good, I would also another bank of hdmi ports to cater for 1.4 spec devices..

since I got alot of gear the isn't hdmi compliant I would say the need for need for a bank of s-video and component connection with atleast 2 composite inputs
for digital spdif should suffice for 5.1-7.1 while it's nice to have multiple analog audio connections though having 5-10 connections would likely make the unit so big it would be a bitch to to store it in a rack..
a plugin lan rack would be a nice feature similar to what you see in cisco rack mounts having a built-in lan rack to cater for things that require a lan connection..

having something that is configurable from a processor might be a good solution for gear that requires a lan connection..
i'm slowly working on upgrading gaming consoles though I still got many things that I use are still based on older tech so I can't remove from the processor for the time being..

having to source lan external to the processor can be a pain

Edited by redman6 (06/19/10 09:24 PM)

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790