Originally Posted By: gonk

Baiting is dangerous - there's a reason the term tends to have negative connotations when dealing with marketing. They need to find a careful balance between saying too little and saying too much. Saying too little can cost you some business, but history tells us that saying too much is more likely to cause problems in the long run so it's probably safer to err on the side of silence.

Agreed, it's a very treacherous path but given the history I think erring on the side of silence is exactly the thing not to do. I probably remember to check in here about once every couple of weeks. Every time that I do and there isn't any news or updates on 998, my gut tells me something is wrong. Call it conditioning.

I'm sure there are marketing gurus out there who would say otherwise but I think some sort of progress report, even if it isn't all great and wonderful news, is better than a total absence of information. It would give us all something to think about, including the skeptics who will otherwise feast on the silence.

Just my 2 cents.