Working in the airline business for some time I realized that no matter what you tell the consumer..the truth..they the consumer want what they want no matter what the reasons. I have seen airline employees spat upon when flights were canceled due to in-climate weather. No matter what the weather conditions were like irate consumers chanted "I want to go to Aruba"..NOW! In as much blaming the weather conditions on the airline.
I myself was very excited when I saw that Outlaw was releasing a new processor (997)however the 997 was still in the pipeline at the time Outlaw let the cat of the bag. Perhaps way to soon. I think that Outlaw did no see the internal problems that Sherwood was having with the release of their new receiver just about coinciding with the 997.
Reading posts from some people who feel let down by the Outlaws reminds me of the an old TV commercial. The kid on the "Mapo" TV ad of long ago. "I want my Mapo".
Things happen and happen for a reason. I still have faith in the Outlaw organization and believe the 998 will surpass our expectations. The 998 may even have a few surprises.
Myself, having the 990/7700 combo which is amazing and working without a hitch rings my bells every time I watch a movie or listen to my music collection.
The 998 is another toy, which if you are like myself and I think other Outlaws you have to ask the question do I really need to buy the 998. It does not matter what bells or whistles the 998 employs. What matters is whether or not you need another, bigger, better toy.
I will admit.
I have that dilemma. I also feel blessed that I am in a situation where I can afford the 998 and give up a perfectly good piece of equipment.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini