Without starting the old argument all over again, I find that the combination of the 990 with the OPPO BDP83 meets all of the requirements I need in any home theater I am likely to ever have. While many are more advanced in their hookups and decoding capabilities the 990 over DVI is still 1080P and the audio is decoded by the BDP83.

By the way, the newest version of the firmware for the BDP83 is on the street and is easy to update into your machine. Did it this morning in less than 15 minutes with zero issues. If you want to play the latest BluRays like Avatar, then you need to update the firmware. I am glad I spent the $$ on the Oppo since it has been so easy to use and update. It would appear we are going to have to update the firmware every so often whenever the studios exercise their DRM muscles on discs we paid for. They say it is for anti-piracy, but it only makes it difficult for the honest folks, who buy the disc, only to find out their machine won't play it and they don't have the tech savvy to update it.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner