Originally Posted By: gonk
I thought about that, too, but even then I wonder how much market would exist for something like that. If it were simply a switcher (lots of composite and stereo analog inputs) with a remote control, it would be practical - such things already exist.

What I'd like to see is something exactly as you linked -- but with hard-wired control that could be supported by a model like the 998. Connect the external switchbox to one of the analog inputs, connect the control cable, and assign the control to the analog input. Then, let the processor's software convert "input 2" to "input 2.1" through "input 2.4."

Granted, I can do this with IR, but I'd rather not *need* to.

Another "wish list" feature for me would be to integrate the functionality of something like the Global Caché GC-100 into the device, which I expect could be done pretty inexpensively if it already has IR out and network in.

But honestly, the feature list as announced is pretty compelling; just give me lots of HDMI inputs and uncompromising sound quality (including full bypass modes) at a reasonable price and I'll be happy.