This is my suggestion that would set the 998 apart form any receiver/processor on the market: Allow me to use every input on the unit. Here is what i mean.

I am currently using an Denon AVR-889, (i've also owned sony, onkyo & Kenwood) it has 4 hdmi, 3 component, and 5 composite AV inputs. (it has many additional audio inputs but this doesn't concern them) that makes 12 video inputs. the AVR-889 only has 4 assignable video inputs. this means after the 4th input is plugged in the remaining 8 inputs will never be used. and can never be used because you can only assign 4 AV sources. I have more than 4 AV sources and can not use them. (list below)

Here is my Suggestion, have all the inputs available in the setup menu, be able to turn them "on" and "off" and rename them however you like. when you scroll through your inputs only the ones you've turned "on" will be seen. the other will just then be ready to be used. allow the option to change your audio input (optical, 7.1 in, etc) Once the audio inputs are gone then its just not an option.

I can't be the only person with this frustration. Why should i pay +$1000.00 for a receiver/processor to only be able to use a quarter of it? the only option is to use an inferior splitter to get all my sources connected.

Denon AVR-889
sony up converting DVD (hdmi) (i'd rather use this for dvd & SACD than my ps3, saves the life of both)
PS3 (Hdmi)
Xbox 360 (Component)
DVR (Hdmi)
Apple TV (Hdmi)
Wii (Component)
HD-DVD (Component)