I wasn't comparing avr's to pre-amps, I was using them as an example only..

developments happen everywhere that's a given..

just because you change innards of something doesn't make it the be all, end all solution considering you're using the base plate to build from it is a certain that anyone building a pre-amp it doesn't allow you to build better in some cases as some items will get the chopping block that's a given as you need space here you remove space from there to fit certain options in..

I've had the pleasure of configuring and setting up a sherwood 5.1 separates system and I'll tell you this for free, I wouldn't trust sherwood to build a pre-amp as far as I can throw them, for them to develop something outlaw to use I think it will be like the Co they went to for the the development of the 997 i would expect it to be another no show after 1-3 year development cost down the drain..

when comparing the lmc-1 to its predecessor I think you go from high end to entry level going from 1 model to the next..

Most peoples opinions of lmc-1 are this, great concept, poor implementation, still bug fixing to this day and its look looks more like a entry level avr than a pre-amp..
emo has gone from 1 extreme to the other when you start to compare the lmc-1 to its predecessor..

when buying a pre-amp you are buying into the whole option of using existing tech with the unit, now how far you go is entirely up to you, though personally if you're only going to cater for the the new gear you may aswell be building a entry level avr in the guise of a pre-amp.. as all you will end up with is something that resembles the lmc-1 in form and half function..

Edited by redman6 (05/02/10 07:25 PM)

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790