I wish I was joking, I was looking for something with all round features set that's all

it would be nice if we had something to cater for this type of setup that's all.

the amount gutting that's been going on in the avr market, I would hope that standard practices like these didn't take effect the processor market..

networking functions have started to become a standard option on the high end avr's and pre-pro's i would of like to see this to be expanded up on, while most likely not being practical, It was a feature I saw some promise in when seeing it deployed on the joytech xbox 360 style av network switch..

I've also found sometimes integration of expansion devices may have an undesired affect where it comes to av switching through IR, the ultimate aim I was suggesting was something that reduces the need external device which take extra power resources...

considering the average pre-amp is between $5,000-25,000 given that price range you would think something could be done, when you're looking at the average 4/1-6/1 av switch between the $200-$300 per unit, you quickly think of something better to use which reduces power consumption cost's..

while the 8/4 unit looks appealing to use, in the realm of ht it would seem a waste of space..

lounge

68cm sharp tv

joytech xbox 360 network av switch

xbox
xbox 360
ps2
ps3
n64
snes
cable box
vcr
joytech av switch
onkyo dv-cp 704
sony 5-disc dvd player
jvc s42-sl
lengend dvd player
yamaha tss-15 fibre linked for 5.1

pc with a yamaha tss-10 fibre linked for 5.1..

bed room
sony 32" dtv
sony dvp 390 brd
sharp dv-790